The Friends of the Augusta County Library accept donations of gently used books to be added to the Library’s collection or sold in the Book Sale to fund library programs. Donations are accepted at any Augusta County Library location during business hours. Please do not place book donations in the Library’s Book Drop.
- Hardback and Paperback Books
- Books on CD
- Magazines from last 12 months
- Puzzles with all their pieces
- Antique or collectible
We cannot accept:
- Textbooks or Encyclopedias
- Materials discarded from any library (even ACL)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
Cassettes, VHS tapes or LPs (records)
- Books in poor condition, with torn pages, stains, water damage, missing covers or mold
- Business, computer, travel guides, science or medical books published more than 5 years ago
Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Upon request, library staff will provide a receipt for income tax purposes. However, we are legally unable to assign a value to your gift.
If your items do not meet the criteria given above, try these organizations that also accept donations of books:
Booksavers of Virginia
731 Mt. Clinton Pike
Harrisonburg, VA 22892
320 Mule Academy Rd.
Fishersville, VA 22939
Augusta County Landfill & Solid Waste Centers
Recycles books, newspapers and magazines at various locations throughout the county.
Goodwill Industries of the Valley
- 132 Lucy Ln., Waynesboro, 540-941-8526
- 1104 Greenville Ave., Staunton, 540-886-8910
- 465 Lee Hwy., Verona, 540-248-0547